Monday, October 12, 2009

The World of the BB by RIM

So whats the BB by RIM?

Well I'm pretty sure almost EVERYone in our class can figure that one out. The Blackberry created by Research in Motion has become a communication culture of its own. Those who own BB's belong to this culture and can communicate to other BB users in various ways, that those without can't even understand.

So why blog about the BB. Well easy, I just got one, and only know do I really understand what this culture is all about. Prior to actually owning one, I had no clue as to all off the things that a BB actually offers. I used to have a phone that had a touch screen and had all these different communication features including, MSN, e-mail and txting, so I thought I was getting the best of both worlds. I was soo wrong!

With a BB users can literally do just about anything they want to. The different communication aspects include anything from, SMS (txting), BBM, (free Blackberry messenger), e-mail, Internet and of course the traditional phone calling capabilities. With all of these available a user can contact anyone, at anytime, with the simple easy of a button or two. Not only can users communicate they can work and play. Blackberry's allow users to work on business documents with Microsoft Word and Excel, and has games like Brick Breaker and Sudoku. Blackberry's are literally like a mini computer, allowing everything to happen.

So how does this affect Canadians. Well, RIM - Research In Motion, is a Canadian based and founded company. They are considered one of the "leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market." Millions of Canadians own Blackberry's many by choice and many forced through work. One of the Companies I work for has now provided every single Manager with a Blackberry, so that they can access work from home.

The BB is slowly taking over the mobile communications world. So whats next?

-A.Rau

2 comments:

  1. You know how they say you don't know what you have until it's gone? I experienced that firsthand when I decided to get rid of my Blackberry. Who would've thought that my choice to be more economical a few months back would end up causing me the privilege of experiencing the most accessible device on the market? Blackberrys have become synonymous with culture as businesses and everyday consumers alike are addicted to its use. BB users can be considered their own community with "PINS" becoming an everyday ritual. In terms of what's next...on the Blackberry front the website crackberry.com provides you with the latest updates!

    ReplyDelete